CBT Counselling : Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
· Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapeutic approach which can be used to treat a range of issues and emotional difficulties, as well as helping to overcome any psychological difficulties from physical health problems.
· CBT helps you gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between your thoughts, feelings, and behaviours. It focuses on the negative thoughts and behaviours maintaining a problem. You learn how to challenge them, as well as learn how to change unhelpful behaviours.
· CBT helps to change how you think ('Cognitive') and what you do ('Behaviour'), it focuses on the 'here and now' problems and difficulties.
· CBT counselling involves an assessment of your thoughts, feelings, behaviours and physical sensations and how they interlink. You will gain more control over your emotional reactions to events and situations.
· Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can be used to treat a range of emotional and physical difficulties.
During your initial consultation, you and your counsellor will decide whether CBT is the best course of action. CBT can be powerful in treating the following:
New Dawn Counselling
Drumhill House, Arden Road, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
(C) 2020 New Dawn Counselling